What makes the VISIONS training model unique?
The VISIONS model is time tested and research based. We have applied and refined it over 25 years in a variety of settings.
We are proud to have earned a reputation for providing services that are insightful, compassionate and affirming of each person's individual stories and struggles. We are equally sensitive to group dynamics as we are to an organization's concern for the "bottom line."
Some of the characteristics that make the VISIONS model so successful are our:
- methods for creating a non-judgmental atmosphere that allows for challenges and accountability without accusation and blame;
- combination of training techniques that focus on cognitive (thinking), affective
(feeling) and behavioral (doing) changes;
- ability to help communities and organizations identify how to conduct policy analysis and systems change to address their systemic or organizational challenges;
- development of a contemporary and historical context for understanding
diversity and equity issues;
- use of experiential sessions to learn effective cross-cultural communication skills;
- emphasis on providing ongoing support and technical assistance to clients as they implement their strategies for change;
- racially and culturally diverse group of training consultants who come from a
variety of professional, educational and community work experiences, and whose expertise spans a broad range of human resources and organizational development issues.
In addition, VISIONS' consultants and staff have a strong understanding of how to work with people in a sensitive and empowering manner. Our approach supports participants in defining the issues as they experience and "name" them. We have an expertise in racial identity development in both a historical and present-day context. We help participants gain an awareness of the connections between their own perspectives and their stages of growth and development.