Since 1991, VISIONS, Inc. has developed a training and consultation module entitled "Managing Transitions from a Multicultural Perspective." This module includes an eight-day course for managers and staff or technician leaders, as well as a four-day course for other employees in non-supervisory positions. The course is broken into several units. Consequently, parts of it may be used as separate pieces and adapted to meet a variety of organizational needs.
We have provided support for the following types of transitions: downsizing, including both partial shutdowns and closures; reorganizations and/or delayering; work system changes, such as pay and performance system change reallocations, expansion, and high performance work systems.
Key topics of the managing transition module include:
- understanding the manager/leader roles and responsibilities during transitions;
- enhancing effective communication;
- establishing effective use of power in hierarchal relationships;
- challenging internalized oppression;
- understanding loss and facilitating effective grieving; and
- understanding important concepts to ease the process of transition, including coaching versus counseling, the impact of change on family and relationship systems, and providing effective performance feedback.
We use didactic and experiential approaches to enhance workshop participants' skills. We build on existing strengths and highlight the impact of individual and cultural differences on individual and organizational responses to change. Individual and small group consultation sessions to support implementation of transition plans augment this model.
For more information, please Contact Us