Mental Health and Human Services
For two decades VISIONS has offered multicultural consultation and trainings to mental health and human services providers, including:
- children's service agencies,
- community mental health centers,
- family guidance centers,
- human services agencies,
- juvenile justice agencies,
- recreational programs,
- residential treatment programs for women and children, and
- youth programs.
By integrating Transactional Analysis and Gestalt theory and techniques with other personal and community change models, participants learn concrete strategies for working with culturally different service populations. Agencies or groups use our services to create new strategies for:
- understanding the differences in the personal effects of systemic oppression in both the target (e.g., people of color, women, working class, middle class )
and non- target groups (e.g., whites, men, upper class);
- identifying institutional racism and other forms of systemic oppression and strategies for change;
- identifying culturally relevant programming and clinical approaches to
effectively serve people of different cultural groups; and
- identifying and changing dysfunctional intragroup and intergroup behaviors both therapeutically and interpersonally.
If you would like one of our team to contact you, please click here.
To clarify how we operate, and cooperate, please click here
To check on Customized Workshops, please click here
To view Client List, please click here