Faith Based and Religious Groups and Organizations
Faith based organizations have employed VISIONS in one or more of the following ways:
- Assessment: Consultants meet onsite with various groups, such as board members, interested parishioners, vestry members, staff, people of color, and others. They meet individually with key leaders, including clergy. These meetings help consultants get a sense of the multicultural climate, determine desired outcomes from a multicultural initiative, and make connections with participants in order to begin to build "buy-in" from various constituencies.
- Training for the Vestry, Staff and Board: Groups separately attend a two-day training. The workshop introduces multiculturalism, with application to the work of their own group within the church.
- One Day Workshop for Leadership: This session could accommodate up to 80 leaders or congregants who are either interested in supporting a multicultural effort or skeptical of it.
VISIONS works with a range of faith based groups and organizations, including:
- congregations, and houses of worship;
- national level governing bodies; and
Participants have included clergy, vestries, trustees, lay people, staff, seminary faculty, and administrators.
We provide the following services:
- Individual Coaching for Key Leaders: Coaching supports leaders through the inevitable challenges, both personal and organizational, of implementing a change process.
- Ongoing Monthly Supervision Group: These ongoing meetings provide
opportunities for participants to work on their own issues, make applications, and deepen their learning. Teambuilding also occurs for this group.
- Quarterly One-Day Work Sessions with Staff Leadership: This ongoing group provides staff development, ongoing team building, problem identification and resolution. This group enhances the church's ability to provide leadership to all of its ongoing programs in this area.
- Seminary Development: Within a theological context, VISIONS supports seminaries that want to adopt a multicultural process of change. This includes consultation, trainings, and seminars for ongoing development with faculty, staff, and students.
If you would like one of our team to contact you, please click here.
To clarify how we operate, and cooperate, please click here
To check on Customized Workshops, please click here
To view Client List, please click here